DESIGN OF A GUEST HOUSE
For the fact that there are human activities and social functions that always take place within Enugu capital, there is need to establish a hospitality institutions, for instance Guest House. This project aims at proffering solution to the establishment of Guest House. In order to achieve this, some research work was carried out. The research work is aimed at realizing a good architectural design for a Guest House. The work comprises of five chapters. Chapter one is the introduction, chapter two deals on the related literature and history of a Guest House in Enugu. While chapter three deals on method of research and case study while carrying out the design. Chapter four discusses the plan guide (tools that will guide in the actual design of the Guest House. Finally, chapter five summaries the result of the research work which forms the conclusions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Significance of the study
1.3 Statement of the Architecture
1.4 Aims and Objectives
1.5 Scope and Definition
Brief History of the Evaluation of a Guest House
What is Guest House
Advantages of Having and improved Guest House
Methodologies of Research
Noise and Vibration
Construction method and Materials
Design Concept and Form
A guest house (also guesthouse) is a kind of lodging. In some parts of the word a guest house is similar to a hostel, bed and breakfast, or inn whereas in other parts of the world (such as for example the Caribbean), guest houses are a type of inexpensive hotel like lodging. In still others, it is a private home which has been converted for the exclusive use of guest accommodation. The owners usually lives in an entirely separated area within the property and the guest house may serve as a form of lodging business.
In some areas of the world, guest houses are the only kind of accommodation available for visitors who have no local relatives to say with. Among the features which distinguish a guest house from a hotel, bed and breakfast, or inn is the lack of a full-time staff. Bed and breakfasts are usually family owned, with the family living on the premises. Hotels maintain a staff presence 24hours a day and 7days a week, whereas a guest house has a more limited staff presence. Because of limited staff presence, check in at a guest is often by appointment. An inn also usually has restaurant attached.
In Japan, tenants in a guest house have to pay a substantial damage deposit, and have to pay a cleaning fee when they leave.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF GUEST HOUSE
As a result of the activities that normally take place in Enugu capital, there is the need to provided hospitality facilities for travelers coming into the state.
It is the intention of this researcher to create awareness on the importance for developing a guest house in an area.
1. Provision of the facilities for transaction of business, for meeting and conference, for recreation and entertainment.
2. As an important employer of labour
3. Development of local economy of the area it is located due to being an attraction for visitors
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE ARCHITECTURAL PROBLEMS The research intends to proffer solution to the following problems:
- Lack of venues for the masses to hold their social functions.
- Lack of accommodations that have the qualities of a home
- The unavailability of standard facilities in Guest house found in Enugu.
- Irregularity in the classification of Guest house by average Nigeria.
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
The aim of this project is to create a comfortable and appealing accommodation for guests. This is done through the provision of:-
- Basic standard facilities needed in Guest house.
- Environment that is conducive for the occupants.
- Individual requirement such as entertainment, exercise and relaxation.
1.5 SCOPE AND DEFINITION
The scope of this thesis is to focus on the main problematic aspects Guest House design. These are:
- The relationship between spaces.
- Circulation system. Moreover, it will not only throw light on these aspects but will also solve the problem of thermal comfort of the interiors through natural means.
In the research of this nature, the forms of handicaps that are encountered are:
- Unavailability of Relevant Information: Relevant information could not be obtained from relevant sources due to monetary reasons.
- Inaccessibility of Existing Guest House: Some of the visited refuse to give audience to the researcher due to security reasons.
- Financial Constraints to Carryout the research: For example, the money to browse through the website in order to get information was in short supply.
Share on social media: