This project work was an attempt to investigate the relationship marketing in mainstream bank plc Enugu.
The objectives were:
1. To determine the impact of relationship marketing in banking industry.
2. To evaluate the level of relationship that exist between the bank with their customers.
3. To identify those problems that may hinder the success of relationship marketing in banking industry.
Based on the objectives of the study, three hypothesis were formulated. Questionnaires and personal interviews were used to elicit data from respondents. Simple tables and percentages were used to analyzed data collected. Based on the analysis, the following findings were made.
1. It is discovered by the researcher that advance in technology help to facilitate relationship marketing in the banking industry.
2. The researcher also discovered that network failure is a serious interference to relationship marketing communication flow.
The researcher therefore made the following recommendations;
1. In respect to relationship marketing, the researcher recommend for provision of adequate information to customers at the right time.
2. The bank management should embark on proper supervision so as to monitor the activities of their staff at every point in time.