Executive Summary Manna is a start up retail bread bakery in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a mission to service residents with high quality, tasty bread in a modern and creative way. We will sell freshly baked bread from the highest grade of ingredients. Our store is located conveniently along Oron road, Uyo which is a major road in the city. Our target market will be families, hotels/eatries, boarding schools and other people as bread is eaten by almost everyone. Our prices are affordable and our bread comes in different sizes to suit our various market. Manna was created on the 9th of March 2015 but will be fully operational by September 2015. The bakery is a partnership between Kelechi Lawrence and Patience Igah. Total sum needed is five million naira (#5,000,000). This sum covers needed expense for start up and other necessary expenses.
1. Constant growth in sales in 12 months
2. To provide qualityproducts at reasonable prices
3. Become the number one manufacturer and supplier of bread in Akwa Ibom state
4. Exceed customer expectations
5. Increase sales by 30% and 40% in second and third year respectively.
Our mission is to serve Uyo with high quality, tasty breads in a modern and creative way that leaves a first timer coming back for more.
1.3 Keys to Success
Our keys to success are:
1. Dedication to the finest quality ingredients with top customer service
3. Give back to community
2.0 Company Summary
Manna bread is a product of manna bakeries located at number 224 Oron road, Uyo. We specialize in the making and distribution of tasty, fresh, breads of different sizes. We are passionate about quality and so our breads are of high quality that leaves our customers coming back for more. The bakery has acquired a building and the building will undergo construction to make it suitable for production and use.
2.1 Company Ownership
The bakery business is owned and will also be managed by its two owners who are partners, Kelechi Lawrence and Patience Igah. Kelechi grew up in his father’s bakery and was trained for two years by his father who owns a bakery in Ogoja, Cross river state. He knows has the experience and know hows of operating a bakery and making of bread. He is a mechanical engineer. Patience is a seasoned chef with extensive knowledge in pastries making. She also is a business consultant and holds a B.A in communication arts.
2.2 Start-up Summary how to start a bakery business
Total amount for start up which includes registration fees, insurance, construction, furnishing/machinery, etc. is two million six hundred thousand naira.
Manna bakery is into the production of manna supreme, buttered and everyday bread which has plenty of milk, butter which makes it a great accompaniment with tea, custard or pap. Manna supreme bread comes in different sizes and forms and can be used as a snack. Our bread is highly nutritious and of high quality. Ingredients used are: premium flour, sugar, milk, butter, yeast, eggs, vitamin E. No preservative is added but the vitamin E helps prolong the life of our product. Our recipe is divine and will no doubt pull in customers. Operations start in the bakery by 4am. The dough is mixed, knead, cut and put into the pans and then goes into the ovens. 6am we open official so retailers can pick up and distribute. Our delivery vans also go out by 6am to distribute to supermarkets and stores. Once the breads are out from the oven and allowed to cool off, they are placed in our well designed and brand bio degradable cellulose bags designed for preserve crispiness. The bakery provides freshly prepared bread at all times during business operations. Four to six batches of bread are prepared during the day to ensure fresh baked bread are always available.
We plan to also start the production of Manna special bread which will be whole wheat bread. Pricing is determined by size and spice used in making the bread.
– Manna supreme bread: This bread is made of flour with lots of milk and spices. It weighs 900grams and will be sold for #250 to retailers.
– Manna buttered bread: Comes with lots of butter and cinnamon. It weighs 900gram like the supreme and will be sold for same price as the supreme and buttered bread are more spiced. These breads are mostly purchased by middle and high income earners.
– Manna everyday bread: The everyday bread comes in two sizes, the small and medium size. There are no special ingredients used in making this bread. The market for this bread is quite high and 8 bags of flour can be used daily to make this bread. The small size is sold for #40 and the medium for #80.
This material content is developed to serve as a GUIDE for students to conduct academic research